O Wondrous Type! O Vision Fair (LSB 413)
- John Mason Neale, 1818-66
- Sarum Breviary, Salisbury, 1495
- Luke 9:28-36; John 1:14-24
1 O wondrous type! O vision fair
Of glory that the Church may share,
Which Christ upon the mountain shows,
Where brighter than the sun He glows!
2 With Moses and Elijah nigh
The incarnate Lord holds converse high;
And from the cloud the Holy One
Bears record to the only Son.
Christ deigns to manifest today
What glory shall be theirs above
Who joy in God with perfect love.
4 And faithful hearts are raised on high
By this great vision's mystery,
For which in joyful strains we raise
The voice of prayer, the hymn of praise.
5 O Father, with the eternal Son
And Holy Spirit ever one,
We pray Thee, bring us by Thy grace
To see Thy glory face to face.
- Published: 18 February 2018 18 February 2018
- Last Updated: 18 February 2018 18 February 2018
- Hits: 260 260